Participation in India-Pakistan Track-II Initiatives
1. Pugwash India-Pakistan Independent Commission
India Coordinator, Coordinated the following meetings of the initiative by the by Nobel Peace Prize-winning Pugwash Conferences on Sceince and World Affairs (www.pugwash.org).
2. Pugwash Track-two Initiative on Kashmir
Coordinator and Participant, Track-two Initiative on Kashmir
- Kathmandu, Nepal, from 11 to 14 December 2004
- Islamabad from 10 to 12 March 2006
- Srinagar in April 2005
- Colombo, from 22 to 24 July, 2007
- Colombo on 15-16 March 2008
- Islamabad, 15-17 September, 2013
3. Chaophraya Track-two Dialogue
Coordinator and Participant (till 2010) and currently Consultant and Participant of the Chaophraya Dialogue India-Pakistan Track-two Initiative. The Chaophraya Dialogue is a joint India-Pakistan Track II initiative undertaken by the Melbourne- based Australia India Institute (AII) and Islamabad-based Jinnah Institute (JI), to encourage informed dialogue on Indo-Pak relations. The process has so far led to eleven rounds of dialogue and is now entering its fifth year. (http://chaophrayadialogue.net/)
- Conference 1: 'Confidence Building Measures between India and Pakistan', in Bangkok on 30-31 March, 2009
- Conference 2: India-Pakistan Composite Dialogue, in Bangkok, Thailand, on 2-3 October 2009
- Conference 3: Building Stability in South Asia, in Bangkok, Thailand, on 8-9 February, 2010.
- Conference 4: 28-30 August 2010, Bangkok
- Conference 5: 27-28 January 2011, Bangkok
- Conference 6: 16-17 October, 2011, Bangkok (Strategic Dialogue)
- Conference 7: 18-19 October, 2011, Bangkok (Media Dialogue)
- Conference 8: Colombo, 28-29, February, 2012, (India-Pakistan Military-to-Military Dialogue)
- Conference 9: Colombo, 2-3 March, 2012, India-Pakistan Strategic Dialogue
- Conference 10: Bangkok, December 18-20, 2012.
- Conference 11: Bangkok, 17-18 July 2013
- Conference 12: Bangkok, 23-24 January 2014
- Conference 13: Chiang Mai, 21-22 June, 2014
- Conference 14: Krabi, Thailand, 8-9 December, 2014
- Conference 15: Bangkok, Thailand, 6-7 August, 2015
- Conference 16: Bangkok, Thailand, December 2-3, 2015
- Conference 17: Bangkok, Thailand, 18-20 March, 2016
- Conference 18: 9-10 December, 2017, Bangkok
- Conference 19: 2-3 March, 2017, Bangkok
4. Ottawa Indo-Pak Nuclear Dialogue
Participant, Ottawa Dialogue on India-Pakistan Relations. The Ottawa Dialogue is a suite of projects focused on helping to create the conditions leading to improved stability and communication between India and Pakistan. It seeks to do so by facilitating the development of networks of knowledgeable and influential individuals with the potential to build, over time, mutual understanding and confidence, to generate and advocate new ideas, and ultimately to affect policy-making by their respective governments as well as public discourse. (http://www.socialsciences.uottawa.ca/dialogue/)
- Plenary Meeting I: 18-19 June, 2010, Copenhagen
- Plenary Meeting II: 12-13 December, 2010, Bangkok
- Inter-sessional Meeting: 26-27 March, 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
- Plenary Meeting III: 6 to 8 July at Stanford University, Palo Alto, USA
- Plenary Meeting IV: 12-13 December 2011, Copenhagen Strand Hotel, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Plenary Meeting V: India-Pakistan Nuclear Dialogue, Copenhagen Plenary, Copenhagen, Denmark, December 12-13, 2011.
- Plenary Meeting VI: 18-19 June, 2012, Copenhagen Strand Hotel, Copenhagen, Denmark Ottawa
- Plenary Meeting VII: December 10-11 2012, Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
- Plenary Meeting VIII: June 16-17, 2013, Admiral Hotel, Copenhagen
- Plenary Meeting IX: 17-18 February 2014, Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
- Plenary Meeting X: 17-19, February, 2014, TajSamudra, Colombo
- Plenary Meeting XI: 3-4 November, 2014, Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
- Nuclear Dialogue, 13-14 April, 2015, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa
- Nuclear Dialogue, 13-14 April, 2016, Hotel Lebua, Bangkok
- Nuclear Dialogue: 3-4 November, 2016, Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
5. Ottawa Dialogue on Indo-Pak Military-to-Military CBMs
- Meeting I: 16-17, October, 2013, Shagri-La Hotel, Bangkok
- Meeting II: 19-20 February, 2014, TajSamudra, Colombo
- Meeting III: 5-6 November, 2014, Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
- Meeting IV: 15-16 April, 2015, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa
- Meeting V: 15-16 April, 2016, Lebua Hotel, Bangkok
- Meeting VI: 5-6 November, 2016, Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
6. Pugwash Annual Conferences
- 56th Pugwash Annual Conference on Science and World Affairs: A Region in Transition: Peace and Reform in the Middle East, held in Cairo, Egypt, 11-15 November 2006.
- 57th Pugwash Conference on Science and World Affairs 21-26 October 2007, Bari, Italy on Prospects for Disarmament Dialogue and Cooperation in the Mediterranean Region.
- 58th Pugwash Conference "Justice, Peace and Nuclear Disarmament" The Hague, The Netherlands, 17-20 April 2009
- 59th Pugwash Annual Conference in Berlin 1-4 July, 2011. I was a co-chair of the Working Group on Regional Stability in South Asia, Situation in Afghanistan and Indo-Pak Relations (Co-chair, Working Group on India-Pakistan and Afghanistan).
- 60th Pugwash Conference on Science and World Affairs, "Dialogue, Disarmament, and Regional and Global Security" will take place in Istanbul, Turkey, 1-5 November 2013 (Co-chair, Working Group on India-Pakistan and Afghanistan).
- 61st Pugwash Conference on Science and World Affairs,Nagasaki's Voice: Remember Your Humanity, Nagasaki, Japan, 1-5 November 2015 (Co-Chair of the South Asia Working Group).
7. Doha Dialogue on 'Peace and Security in Afghanistan'
- "Peace and Security in Afghanistan", Doha on 23-24 January 2016. Track-II engagement with the Taliban organized by the Pugwash Conference of Science and World Affairs.