Member, Core Group, Project on Strategic Stability
Evaluation (POSSE), The Sam Nunn School of International
Affairs, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA.
- POSSE Workshop, 27-29 October 2014, CNS Washington DC
office, USA. Paper presented on "Evolution of the Indian Nuclear Strategy".
- POSSE-CNS Workshop (Monterey), April 1 - April 5, 2013
- POSSE Workshop, at the Vienna Center for Disarmament and
Non-Proliferation (VCDNP), Austria. Paper presented
"Revisiting Indo-Pak Strategic Stability: Contours of South
Asian Nuclear Order"
- POSSE Workshop, April 1-4, 2012, UCSD conference center, The Village at Torrey Pines, San Diego, USA.
Participation in International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Conferences
- New Orleans, USA, 17-20 February 2010 - paper presented 'Neoclassical Realism and Indian Foreign Policy'
- San Diego, USA, 1-4, April, 2012.
- San Francisco, CA, USA - 3-6, April, 2013. Paper presented 'Role of Nuclear Weapons in Indian strategic thinking'.
- Toronto, Canada, March 26th - 29th, 2014. Papers to be presented "Regional Asymmetries, Strategic Stability, and India's BMD Program" and "Lessons From the South Asian Track-Twos: A Case Study of the Kashmir Conflict".
- New Orleans, USA, 17-21 February 2015 - paper presented "Indian notions of Strategic Stability". Discussant on the panel on "Open Skies: Confidence-building, Transparency and the End of the Cold War."
A World with Low Nuclear Numbers, ILR Conference Center, 229 King-Shaw Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, November 11-12, 2016. Panelist in session on "Regional Complications: Asia".
- "Conflict Management and War Termination in South Asia: A Tabletop Exercise", organized by the Center on Contemporary Conflict at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) and the Center for Global Security Research (CGSR) at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 2-5 May 2016, JW Marriott Hotel, Bangkok.
- International conference at the Information Technology University of the Punjab (Lahore, Pakistan) entitled "Afkar-e-Taza: Rescuing the Past, Shaping the Future," from April 1-3, 2016.
- Participant and Panelist at the "US-India Strategic dialogue", Organized by Naval Postgraduate School and Observer Research Foundation, The Oberoi Hotel, New Delhi, March4-5, 2016. Panelist for session "Nuclear Security"
- Participant and Panelist at the CTBTO Symposium on "Science and Diplomacy for Peace and Security", Vienna, 25-28 January, 2016.
- "What does India Think?" Series of Policy Advocacy talks in Berlin and Paris, November 17-20, 2015. Organised by the European Council on Foreign Relations, Paris.
- Authors' workshop on Regional Stability, Centre for Nonproliferation Studies, October 12-14, 2015, Washington, DC
- Escalation Management and Crisis De-escalation in South Asia, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and the Center on Contemporary Conflict (CCC) at the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), September 15-17, 2015, Dubai
- International Conference on "Energy Security Challenges: Non Traditional Security planning in India" organized by Centre for Public Policy Research in Kochi, Kerala, India on 12 -13 December, 2014. Presented a paper entitled "Strategic and Security Challenges of Nuclear Power in India".
- Workshop on "Force Modernization and Strategic Crises in South Asia" organized by the Center for Global Security Research (CGSR), Lawrence LivermoreNationalLaboratory, USA, in Dubai on 25-26 September 2014
- Presentation on "Nuclear Security Governance in India: Culture, Institutions, And Instruments" at the US Department of State, Washington DC. July 15, 2014.
- Presentation on "Nuclear Security Governance in India: Culture, Institutions, And Instruments" at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington DC. July 15, 2014.
- Presentation on "Nuclear Security Governance in India: Culture, Institutions, And Instruments" at the Henry L. Stimson Center, Washington DC. July 16, 2014.
- Presentation on "Nuclear Security Governance in India: Culture, Institutions, And Instruments" at the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI), Washington DC. July 17, 2014.
- "The Evolution and Practices of Indian Notions of Sovereignty", paper presented at the Chatham House session of the ESRC Seminar Series on 'Normative Challenges to International Society: Rising Powers and Global Responses' (Chatham House, London, 22 March 2013). http://www.risingpowersglobalresponses.com/sample-page/papers/
- "South Asian Stability Workshop", 19-22 March, 2013, Colombo. Organised by the Center on Contemporary
Conflict (CCC) at the U.S Naval Postgraduate School
- "Next Decade of Nuclear Learning workshop", Bangkok,
Thailand from 21-23 May 2012. Organised by the Center on
Contemporary Conflict (CCC) at the U.S Naval
Postgraduate School (NPS), USA.
- Delegate at The 11th IISS Asia Security Summit, the
Shangri-La Dialogue, Singapore, 1-3 June 2012
- Indian Delegate at the "Munich Young Leaders 2012"
organised by the Korber Foundation as part of the
"Munich Security Conference", Munich, Germany, 2-5
- Teleconference briefing on "Nuclear Deterrence and
Strategic Stability in South Asia" as part of the
"Tuesday Speaker Series" for the United States Pacific
Command's (USPACOM) 'India Strategic Focus Group and
Cyber on the Brain Project' at 9.30 pm - 10.30 pm on
Wednesday February 6, 2012.
- Quand La Diplomatie Devient Un Exercice Public,
Conference CERI - Direction de la Prospective du MAE
CERI, mardi 6 December 2011, Paris, France, I presented
a paper on "Public Diplomacy at the Service of Economic
Interests: The Indian Case".
- Engaging India Workshop, 23-24 November 2011,
Australian National University, Canberra. Presented a
paper entitled "Internal Conflicts and India's Great
Power Aspirations: Domestic sources of India's New
Approach to Kashmir".
- Presented paper titled "India-Pakistan Peace
Process" at the International Workshop on "Pakistan's
Chronic Instability: International and Regional
Concerns", 25 - 27 November, 2009, at the Griffith Asia
Institute, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia.
- Awarded the Australian Government's Leadership Award
to participate in the 75th Anniversary National
Conference of The Australian Institute of International
Affairs on 4-8 August 2008, Melbourne, Australia.
- Presented a paper on "Impact of HIV/AIDS on
Governance in Manipur and Nagaland", at the AIDS,
Security and Conflict Initiative (ASCI) ASCI Research
Review Meeting at the Greentree Foundation in New York,
USA, 18 - 20 September 2008.
- Presented a paper entitled "Creating Interdependence
in J&K: Potential, Political Discourse and Future
Prospects" at the Seventh Annual Seminar by the
Department of Strategic and Regional Studies, University
of Jammu in collaboration with the 16 Corps, HQ Northern
Command, on Pakistan: Past, Present and Future on 5-6
- Attended the Forum on HIV/AIDS, Gender and Security
in Chennai, India on February 22-23, 2008, organized on
behalf of Women in Security, Conflict Management and
Peace (WISCOMP), New Delhi.
- Attended the "National Human Rights Seminar"
conducted by the White Knight Corps, HQ 16 Corps, Indian
Army on 9-10 October 2007, Jammu and Kashmir. Delivered
a lecture to the armed forces personnel on "National
security, Human Rights and Anti-terror Laws in the
post-9/11 Counter Terrorist World".
- Attended the Forum of Federations country roundtable
on "Foreign Relations in Federal Countries" in Goa on
the 17th June 2006. The roundtable was part of the
Global Dialogue on Federalism, an initiative by Forum of
- Attended the 4th Pugwash Workshop on "Threats
without Enemies: The Security Aspects of HIV/AIDS", from
April 7-9, 2006, Chennai, India.
- Presented paper on "Globalization, HIV/AIDS and
Security" at the International Conference on
Globalization: Social and Political Dimensions, 17-18
November, 2005, Centre for the Study of Law and
Governance, JNU, in collaboration with the Maison des
sciences de l'homme and Institut de Recherches
Economiques et Sociales, France.
- Attended the Pugwash Conference on "Threats without
Enemies: Learning lessons from the first wave of
HIV/AIDS", from 29th April to 1st May, 2005, Cape Town,
South Africa. Presented paper on the Indian scenario.
- Attended the RCSS Summer Workshop on "Defense,
Technology and Cooperative Security in South Asia" held
at the Fudan University, Shanghai, China in December
- Participated in the 5th India-Europe Strategic
Dialogue held at Katra, Jammu and Kashmir, India from 18
- 20 February, 2005.
- Made a presentation on "India's Case in Kashmir" at
the UN office in Trondheim, Norway as part of a panel
discussion on Kashmir in February 2003.
Lectures and seminar participation
- "Evolution, conflict patterns and management practices of the India-Pakistan border ", Centre for Religious Studies, Central European University Budapest, February 23, 2017
- "Line on Fire: Ceasefire Violations and Indo-Pak Escalation Dynamics ", November 23, 2016 at the Institute for Advanced Study, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary
- Lectures at the Academic Staff College, Rajasthan University, Jaipur, India, on 12-13 March, 2015: "Nuclear Weapons and International Relations", "India's Nuclear Policy" and "India-Pakistan Relations".
- Special Lecture "Indo-Pak Relations: Kashmir, Nuclearisation and Terrorism" at the Department of Political Science, Rajasthan University, Jaipur, India, 13 March, 2015.
- Special Lecture on "India-Pakistan Relations: Pathways Ahead", School of International Studies, Central University Gujarat, February 28, 2014.
- Delivered the 5th Quarterly Lecture of the Centre for Public Policy Research at Press Club Ernakulam, Kerala, December 23, 2013 on the topic "Indo-Pak Relations: What lies ahead?"
- "The Jammu and Kashmir Conflict: A Way Forward", Slavic Research Centre, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan, February 4, 2010.
- "The Conflict in Jammu and Kashmir", at the Department of Law, Graduate School of Social Sciences, Hiroshima University, February 2, 2010.
- "Future of Diplomacy", Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, Government of India, January 9, 2009.
- "India's Case in Kashmir", UN office in Trondheim, Norway, February 2003.